DCNA scientific staff
for research projects in the field of security and disaster management
The basic idea behind the Disaster Competence Network Austria is to bundle the scientific expertise in the field of security and disaster research. The DCNA as a networking platform acts as a contact for scientific institutions, emergency organizations, companies and authorities alike.
The aim of the association is the transfer of scientific knowledge into practice through cooperative research and educational activities carried out in conjunction with a wide variety of stakeholders, as well as the provision of decision-relevant information and scientific-technical special equipment in the event of a disaster.
The Disaster Competence Network Austria is expanding its team and is looking for a scientific employee for research projects and applications (part-time 20h / week, from now on).
Your tasks include:
- Scientific collaboration in all areas of the DCNA
- Support in the acquisition of national and international funding projects
- Support of the internal project management
- Communication with project partners from different disciplines
- Project accounting
- Evaluation of existing processes
- Coordination and implementation of field tests
- Exercise preparation and evaluation
Our requirements for your personality:
- Interdisciplinary communication and cooperation skills
- Conflict and problem solving skills
- Joy of innovation
- Ability to work in a team, appreciative manners
- Pronounced interest in the subject area
- Quick grasp
- Ability to work even under stress
- independent work
- Academic degree at master's level in the field of human and social sciences, humanities and cultural sciences, risk and disaster management or comparable degrees
- Several years experience
- Experience in national and international research projects
- Experience in project acquisition
- Organizational talent
- Professional written and spoken German and English
- Mastery of MS Office
- Ideally experience in the field of action (fire and rescue services, military, humanitarian aid missions)
We offer a varied and technically challenging job in an established non-profit organization based in Vienna or Graz.
The minimum basic salary for this position is the collective agreement for university employees, employment group B; Salary level depending on the creditable previous employment and qualifications (salary at least € 2,971.50 gross for 38 hours/week).
Application deadline: October 15, 2021
Please fill out the following form to apply for the advertised position.