Disaster Research Days 2022
Science and research play an essential role in preventing disasters and building resilient systems. The transfer of scientific knowledge into practice, as well as the joint discourse with representatives of experts from authorities, emergency organizations and business are crucial in order to be as prepared as possible for challenges in the prevention and management of disasters.
The Disaster Research Days 2022 support this dialogue and the networking between the individual scientific disciplines and departments in disaster management.
The #DRD22 will be held from October 13th to 14th at the University of Innsbruck.
Call for Abstracts
Would you like to submit a contribution for the Disaster Research Days in Innsbruck? Submissions that have received positive reviews will be published in our conference proceedings. The most interesting contributions will be peer-reviewed and included in the conference program as an oral presentation. All others are invited to present their contribution during the poster session. Selected articles will be published in a special issue of the International Journal for Disaster Risk Reduction.
An abstract (two pages with tables and figures) can be written in both German and English and should be assigned to the following main topics:
- Disaster risk:
- Risk and crisis communication
- Risk governance and societal handling of disasters
- Digitization and technology assessment
- Critical infrastructure:
- Vulnerability to natural hazards
- Structural safety
- security of supply,
- Mass movements, avalanches and earthquakes:
- Geospatial data management and monitoring
- Modeling and simulation
- Interaction of gravitational mass movements with infrastructure
- Extreme weather events:
- Heavy rain, hail, storms
- forest fire
- Extreme heat and late frost
- Flood risk modeling
- Simulation (prediction and early detection)
- Public Health:
- Current studies on COVID-19
- Pandemic management
- Emergency and Disaster Medicine
- Crisis Psychology and Community Resilience
- until May 31, 2022: abstract submission period
- until the end of June 2022: Reviewer period
- July / August 2022: Paper selection for Special Issue (International Journal for Disaster Risk Reduction), as well as conference program and poster session
You can register to DRD22 using our ConfTool at the following link:
The following participation fees apply:
Participant: 250 €
DCNA member: 125 €
Student & member of an emergency organization or government agency: 25 €
For further questions we are available per E-Mail.
The evening reception is still being planned.
University of Innsbruck
Innrain 52, A-6020 Innsbruck
Universitätshauptgebäude, 1. Obergeschoß
The evening reception is still being planned.
The Disaster Research Days 2022 will take place at the University of Innsbruck, Campus Innrain 52 in the university's main building.
Travel via public transportation from the main railway station:
Lines 5, F, R stop directly at the University of Innsbruck. The stop is called "Klinik / Universität". The tram 5 runs every 10 minutes during the day, the bus R runs every 7.5 minutes (both in this rhythm until about 8 p.m.).
Other lines stop nearby: lines 1 and 3 on Bürgerstraße, as well as on the market square (Marktplatz): 1, 3, M.
You can find the line network map of the Innsbruck public transport company here.
On foot from the main railway station to the university (Innrain 52):
Walking time 17 minutes: Route on Google Maps
Travel via car / info on parking
Navigate to Innrain 52 on the “Innsbruck West” motorway exit.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that there is parking space management throughout the city and therefore no free parking spaces and no long-term parking spaces are available.
- There is a short-term parking zone around the university from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Mon-Fri) and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (inner-city zone). On Saturdays, free parking is possible on the outskirts of the university. Depending on the zone, the maximum parking time is 90 to 180 minutes.
- Park & Ride is possible at Olympiaworld. € 18 per day including 5 tickets for the Innsbruck transport company. See here for details.
- Detailed information on parking in Innsbruck can be found on the website of the city of Innsbruck.
- There are several underground car parks nearby (Hentschelhof Garage, Innrain 25 / Markthallengarage, Herzog-Siegmund-Ufer 5 / Altstadtgarage, Innrain 4 / Parken Innsbruck, Innerkoflerstraße 15)
Accommodation can be booked here or through booking.com and the following search.
All information about the conference location is available on the Innsbruck Tourism website. The following video gives a little insight into and around Innsbruck.