PhD position in "Robotics for Disaster Response"
@ Institute of Software Technology, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
PhD position in "Robotics in Disaster Response" @ Institute of Software Technology, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
The Institute of Software Technology at Graz University of Technology is looking for a motivated PhD student to work on ongoing projects with special focus on automated navigation of ground robots in challenging environments in the context of disaster response (e.g. remote alpine regions, tunnels, off-road). The position is available from April 1, 2021 or later.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong academic background in robotics, computer science, computer engineering or similar.
Basic knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
• autonomous mobile robots
• automated navigation outdoors
• simultaneous Localization and mapping (SLAM)
• sensor fusion
• computer vision for automated navigation
• machine Learning in the area of perception and control
• software development for robot systems (in particular with ROS)
• disaster response and cooperation with emergency services
• social, communicative and didactic competence
• excellent communication skills
• good knowledge of English
We expect the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively in teams and with different partners as well the willingness to cooperate in research projects carried out at the institute.
Research position on level B 1 under the collective agreement for university employees; the monthly minimum remuneration for this use is currently € 2.971.50 gross (14 times per year, including social and health insurance).
Applications, a full curriculum vitae and other documents should be sent electronically to Prof. Gerald Steinbauer (email@example.com).
Application deadline: March 15, 2021